Welcome to El Paso Metro’s week in review. This section is updated every Tuesday night.
City Council Review
- Item seeking censure against Luis Sariñana was deleted;
- Approved the hiring of interim personnel director on permanent basis.
- Smoking Ban goes into affect. Grace period will ensue to allow customers to get used to it;
- Mexican government to allow the personal importation of automobiles;
- Major retailers including Walmart, Kmart and local malls fail to reach their sales targets;
- Websites break the 200 million mark and the internet breaks into its 2,000th day of operation